Let's take a quick tour of the brand new Bluprint video player!
Here are the main sections of the video player:
- Control Bar: this is where you'll find options for video playback. You can place your mouse over the video to make this come up on your screen.
- Play/Pause button - click to start or stop the video
- 15-second rewind and 15-second fast forward - perfect for jumping back a bit if you've just missed something or if you'd like to move ahead slightly!
- Volume - select how loud or quiet you'd like the video to be
- Fullscreen - select this icon to expand the video to the size of your screen
- Bookmarks: Bookmarks allow you to save specific moments in a video and make notes to go back to later.
- Class sections: There are how you interact with and get information on your class!
- Lessons - You can find these on the right side of the screen. You can scroll through all of the lessons in a class, and give the lesson you would like to watch a click!
- Chapters - Inside of each lesson you will find multiple chapters. You can either click on the specific one you would like to watch or use the video control bar to go to different chapters. If you are changing chapters this way, go ahead and click the white circles in the control bar to bring you to the right chapter.
- Discussions - you can post questions in this portion of the class and interact with your fellow classmates under the "Comments" section.
- Materials - Click this tab to see a list of digital class materials and download those files
- If you are unable to download materials, you will need to create a 7 Day Trial first.
- Settings "Gear Icon":
- Subtitles - Turn this "Off" or "On" to add Closed Captioning to your video
- Quality - Click on this to have the option to change the quality of the video. This is great if you have a little bit of a slower connection. We recommend keeping it on "Automatic".
- Speed - choose to speed up or slow down the video playback to fit your learning style
Questions about Closed Captioning? You'll find your answers in our Closed Captions article