Craftsy.com has become Bluprint as of January 8th, 2019. Read more here.
As we near the end of 2018, we’re looking forward to continuing to create exceptional experiences for our customers and our talented pattern designers. Over the years, we’ve heard suggestions for improvement from many designers and members. We are taking the first steps in re-evaluating our marketplace now and we will be significantly reducing the number of stores and patterns available on our site at the end of 2018.
We notified all pattern designers of these changes via email on 12/19/2018, including the status of your specific store. If you didn’t receive this email or have more questions after reading the FAQs below, you can reach out to our team here.
Why are you reducing the number of stores and patterns available?
- Our Pattern Marketplace is a completely open platform, meaning all content is 100% user-generated and does not go through a verification process. As the years have gone by, the marketplace has grown significantly, and it is not possible for our teams to monitor submissions for things like trademark or copyright infringements, quality, accuracy, or legitimacy. We believe we can do a better job for our members, so while we take some time to explore how we can do that, we've temporarily reduced the size of the marketplace.
Why are some stores still allowed to operate past 12/28?
- We know finding the perfect pattern or seeing an inspiring project is an important part of the creative journey, so we felt it was important to have a selection of patterns available across as many categories as possible.
What about patterns customers have already purchased from me?
- Any patterns purchased will still be available in members' Own Forever Pattern Libraries, regardless of the status of your store. If your pattern(s) were removed from the site, the PDF will remain available to those who have purchased them, just as any patterns you have purchased as a customer will be available to you in your Own Forever Pattern Library forever.
- Patterns from stores which have been closed will not show a photo or title in customers' libraries, but the file is still downloadable as usual by clicking on the pattern tile.
- It is important to remember that editing the file will change what is in members' libraries, so we encourage designers not to edit any listings prior to the 28th. Even if your store is closing or one or more patterns are being removed, the file itself will remain in your customers' libraries to download. If you change the file on your pattern listing, the customer will be eligible for a refund or dispute with PayPal for the transaction. There is no need for customers to rush to download the PDFs, as they will remain after the 28th.
I’d like Bluprint to reconsider leaving my store/patterns available after 12/28 - how can I request this?
- Our teams reviewed 220,000+ patterns across over 12,000 stores in great detail, and the list of patterns/stores that will remain available after 12/28 is final as of this time. Our Support team will not be able to change the status of your store or individual patterns.
Will I still have access to my dashboard and sales reports?
- Absolutely! All financial reporting will still be available through your dashboard, just as you see it today. However, you will not see any patterns that were removed from our site in your dashboard moving forward.
Can I add new patterns until 12/28?
- Yes, however, any new patterns added between now and then will not be considered to remain available on the site past this date.* If you do not yet have an existing pattern store on our site, you will not be able to create one until the marketplace is reopened in 2019.
- *If you are also a Bluprint Instructor with a pattern store, please view the Instructor Resource Center for more information related to your store.
Where else can I sell my pattern(s) in the meantime?
- There are many options out there, but we love Ravelry, Etsy, and Pinterest to start!
My pattern store is remaining operational, but why are only some of my designs available?
My pattern store is remaining operational, but what if I would like to remove one of my patterns or close my store all together after 12/28?
- You will still have control over live patterns in your store after 12/28 through your dashboard as normal. You will be able to remove any pattern or disable your store fully at your discretion. The ability to add new patterns will be disabled until the marketplace reopens fully in 2019.