If you are looking for the Bluprint subscription video player, take a look HERE
Let’s take a quick tour of the Bluprint Own Forever Class video player. If you play a class from your Own Forever Library you will see this video player.
At the top of the video player, you will notice six different tabs, “Lessons”, “Materials”, “Notes”, “Projects”, “My Activity”, and “Discussions”.
When you click this tab, you will see a list of all the lessons show up on the left side of your screen. From here, you can click into any lesson and it will bring you to that point in the class.
In this section, you will be able to download any class materials/resources you might need for the class. If your class has a pattern or recipe, it will be located here.
Have something you want to remember later? Or, want to take a few notes about something the instructor said? Use the “Add Note” button at the bottom of the video player. Once you add your note, they will all be located in the “Notes” section. Give one of these notes a click and it will bring you right to the point in the video that you made the note.
Want to show off something you made from the class? You can post it in “Projects” so the other members can see what you made.
Have a question or comment about the class? Use the button with two arrows on the right side of the video to open the Discussions. Once there, press the “Ask A Question” button to post your question or comment. Anything you post will now be located in the “My Activity” section.
Discussions will show you all of the comments/questions that have been posted in the class. You can scroll through them and see what people are saying!
Now, let’s go over some of the video controls in the control bar.
- Control Bar: this is where you'll find options for video playback. You can place your mouse over the video to make this come up on your screen.
- Play/Pause button - click to start or stop the video
- 15-second rewind and 15-second fast forward - perfect for jumping back a bit if you've just missed something or if you'd like to move ahead slightly!
- Volume - select how loud or quiet you'd like the video to be
- Fullscreen - select this icon to expand the video to the size of your screen
- Settings "Gear Icon":
- Subtitles - Turn this "Off" or "On" to add Closed Captioning to your video
- Quality - Click on this to have the option to change the quality of the video. This is great if you have a little bit of a slower connection. We recommend keeping it on "Automatic".
- Speed - choose to speed up or slow down the video playback to fit your learning style
Questions about Closed Captioning? You'll find your answers in our Closed Captions article