As of March 10, 2020, Bluprint will now have one unified video player for own forever classes and subscription classes. One player will allow all members to play classes and have the same view as well as video player features for a more enjoyable experience.
Let's see the new video player and features!
In the upper left-hand side of the site, there will be a 4 different tabs:
The overview tab will include some basic information about the class as well as full episode descriptions. Scroll through all of the different episodes to learn more about each section. At the bottom of the overview tab will class content suggestions based on the class being viewed.
Episodes will give you a full list of all the different episodes in a class. Select the episode you wish to view and the video player will take you to that section of the class.
This is where you can find all of your class materials, a direct link to supplies in our shop, and any related techniques you might need for the class.
Along the bottom of the Resources tab will be a section for class projects where you can share an image of your project with your fellow classmates.
The comments section will allow you to post questions or comments for classmates. This section is meant to be a maker-to-maker forum. Your comments will be organized by the time in the video that they are posted.
To hide the Overview, Episodes, Resources, and Comments sections of the class, select the 3 horizontal lines with dots icon highlighted below.
Now, let’s go over some of the video controls in the control bar.
- Control Bar: this is where you'll find options for video playback. You can place your mouse over the video to make this come up on your screen.
- Play/Pause button - click to start or stop the video
- 15-second rewind and 15-second fast forward - perfect for jumping back a bit if you've just missed something or if you'd like to move ahead slightly.
- Volume - select how loud or quiet you'd like the video to be
- Fullscreen - select this icon to expand the video to the size of your screen
- Bookmarks: Bookmarks allow you to save specific moments in a video and make notes to go back to later.
- Settings "Gear Icon:"
- Subtitles - Turn this "Off" or "On" to add Closed Captioning to your video.
- Quality - Click on this to have the option to change the quality of the video. This is great if you have a little bit of a slower connection. We recommend keeping it on "Automatic."
- Speed - choose to speed up or slow down the video playback to fit your learning style.
Questions about Closed Captioning? You'll find your answers in our Closed Captions article.